The Developer UOL Group Ltd.
UOL Group Limited or United Overseas Land is one of the most established property development companies in Singapore. The company has an impressive, dedicated portfolio that boasts of development properties and property investments. The company’s aim is to make their list of accomplishments much larger and wider and covering the regions with direct investments and strategic partnerships with other companies abroad.
In 1963, the company was first established under different name, the Faber Union Ltd., a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Faber Union. It was 1975 when the name was changed into United Overseas Land Limited when the United Overseas Bank was granted as the company’s controlling interest in 1973. The name remained the same until 2006, when the board members decided to change the name into UOL Group Limited.
Since the 1970’s, UOL has been developing prestigious residential developments. These include Faber Hills, Faber Gardens, the Thomson Hills, the Watten Hills, Mount Echo Park, and the White House Park. The Orchard Bel-Air and Cairnhill Plaza are just two of its high-rise residential condos located in the Orchard precinct.
The company is not only established in the residential development league. UOL Group, Limited is also the name behind well-known hotels, such as the Plaza Hotel, which was established in 1971. The New Park Hotel followed in 1989 and in the 90s, the company made its mark in Australia by building five hotels: the Parkroyal at Darling Harbour, the Parkroyal Plaza, The Landmark Parkroyal, Parkroyal Parramatta, and the Sheraton Perth.
Apart from the residential and hospitality industries, UOL Group Limited has also jumped into the retail establishment fields. The company proudly presented the United Square and Novena Square, two of the most visited shopping places by locals and foreigners alike. There’s the Odeon Tower and Faber House that offer retail and office spaces for any business size. Moreover, the UOL Group is the name behind The Plaza, the United Square Shopping Mall, and the hip Velocity at Novena Square.
Recent Awards Received
Because UOL Group, Limited is dedicated to its vision and mission, several award-giving bodies acknowledged the company’s effort and gave them plenty of recognition. These include:
- Nassim Park Residences – International Property Awards
- Duchess Residences -Best Landscape Architecture Singapore and BCA Construction Excellence Award
- Katong Regency – Best Interior Design Show Home Asia Pacific and Best Interior Design Show Home Singapore
- Newton Suites – International Property Awards – Highly Commended Apartment Singapore and International Property Awards – Highly Commended Residential High-rise Development Singapore
- Duchess Residences, Singapore – Silver Award, Best Residential Development
- Nassim Park Residences – Honourable Mention, Singapore Institute of Architects Architectural Design Awards
- Nassim Park Residences – South East Asia Property Awards – Best Condo Development in South East Asia and Best Condo Development in Singapore
- Duchess Residences FIABCI Singapore Property Awards Low-rise Residential
- United Square Shopping Mall – Businesses for Families Council’s ‘We Welcome Families’ Achiever Award
- Newton Suites – ULI Awards for Excellence 2010: Asia Pacific
- United Square Shopping Mall – Best Retail Event of the Year by the Singapore Retailers Association Awards and Outstanding Efforts in Centre Management and Outstanding Efforts in Advertising and Promotions by the SRA Shopping Centre Awards
Future New Residential Projects
- Site at Bright Hill Drive Known as Thomson Three
|Location||Bright Hill Drive off Upper Thomson Road|
|Total Site Area||13,437 sqm|
|No. of Units||Approximately 445 units|
- Site at former St. Patrick’s Garden Known as Seventy St Patrick’s
|Location||St Patrick’s Road along Upper East Coast Road|
|Total Site Area||12,780 sqm|
|No. of Units||Approximately 186 units|
- Site at Sengkang West Way
|Location||Sengkang West Way|
|Total Site Area||16,604 sqm|
|No. of Units||Aproximately 600 units|