SengKang West Town Development
A new plans in SengKang New Town, Sengkang is now seen as a highly desirable place to live, work and play. New homes will be developed as we progressively embark on plans to develop Sengkang. The recently launch residential projects includes, High Park Residences, Riverbank, Rivertress Residences, H20 and many more. The plans include:
- Residential developments near the Town Centre to provide more housing choices close to major public transport nodes
- New residential areas in the west of Sengkang
- Residential developments around Jalan Kayu set amidst new parks
- In tandem with the new housing, more amenities will be provided to ensure a comfortable living environment
- Seletar Mall next to Fernvale LRT Station will open in 2016
- Sengkang General Hospital and Community Hospital will open in 2018
- A new integrated development near Buangkok area
- Fu Hui Link, a nursing home with community services such as care centres for infants, children and senior citizens, will open at Compassvale Walk by 2015
Living in Sengkang comes with having green spaces and recreational options within easy reach, including Sengkang Riverside Park and Sengkang Sports Complex. Jogging or cycling to neighbouring towns is also a breeze via the North Eastern Riverine Loop, said to be one of the most scenic park connector loops. To further improve access to green spaces in Sengkang, several initiatives will be implemented:
- New neighbourhood parks at Rivervale Crescent, Compassvale Walk, Compassvale Lane, Compassvale Bow and Jalan Kayu
- The Round Island Route linking heritage areas in Seletar with the Punggol Promenade through Sengkang Riverside Park, as part of a 150km-long island-wide recreational corridor
Travelling within Sengkang and to other parts of Singapore will be faster and more convenient with the following enhancements to the roads and public transport services, including:
- Development of a new Bus Interchange at Buangkok MRT Station
- Completion of Sengkang West Road by 2014
- Widening of the Tampines Expressway (TPE) between
- Jalan Kayu Flyover and Punggol West Flyover
- Widening of Compassvale Bow and Sengkang East Road
- Extension of Fernvale Street to connect with Jalan Kayu
- Extension of Sengkang West Way to Sengkang West Road by 2016
After endearing itself to generations of Singaporeans with its distinctive charm and roti prata, Jalan Kayu has been designated as an identity node. Sensitive enhancements will be made to provide a better experience while retaining its rustic charm, including:
- Environmental improvement works to spruce up the public areas along the shophouses fronting Jalan Kayu
- Improvements to the link between Jalan Kayu and Thanggam LRT Station
- Conversion of Jalan Kayu Interim Park into a permanent park
Residents of Sengkang will have more opportunities to work closer to home with the completion of several new developments over the next few years, including:
- The phased development of Sengkang West Industrial Park
- The expansion of the nearby Seletar Aerospace Park
Improved Transportation Link
With the widening of the TPE to four lanes in each direction, residents can experience smoother traffic between the North-East and East regions. Access to a wider range of amenities and jobs will be enhanced.
Sengkang West New Road Network
With the development of Sengkang West for industrial use, a new arterial road will run through Sengkang West, between the TPE and Yio Chu Kang Road. It will serve the new business sites in Seletar and Sengkang West.
Easing the CTE Traffic
The completion of the 12km Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) stretching from the ECP in the south to the TPE in the North-East (including about 9km of tunnel) will provide a faster alternative route between the city and Punggol, Sengkang and Hougang. It is expected to lighten the load on the CTE, and travelling time to the city will be cut by 25 percent. In future, the 21km North-South Expressway (NSE) will also provide additional capacity to serve the North-South corridor, further lightening the load on the CTE.
More Educational Institutes
A Wider Choice
Residents can also expect a wider range of educational choices with the expansion and upgrading of The Australian International School and the Lycee Francais (French School) to cater to a higher enrolment.
More Schools in New Towns
To meet the needs of the growing population in Sengkang and Punggol, additional primary and secondary schools will be developed, adding to newly developed schools like Greendale Primary and Secondary Schools in Punggol and North Vista and Pei Hwa Secondary Schools in Sengkang.
Ang Mo Kio Regional ITE
A new Regional ITE will soon be developed at Ang Mo Kio Ave 5. This will be the third regional campus to be built. Its completion will give those living in the North-East better access to technical education and vocational training.